These SDGs are the international development goals from 2016 to 2030 that was shown in The 2020 Agenda for Sustainable Development by the UN. The SDGs consist of 17 goals and 169 targets that our governments, institutions and companies are responsible for a sustainable society.
We, Yokohama Shinko Warehousing Inc. have been promoting the SDGs proposed by the UN through our logistics and business activities to make a contribution to solving social issues and creating value.
Regardless of gender, age, personality, nationality or social status, we strive for all of our employees with a diverse range of backgrounds and values to have a part in economic activities.
- Females account for 40 percent of total new graduates in 2020.
(Previously, female employees accounted for about 30 percent.)
- We have put in place parental leave, nursing care leave and flexible work arrangements.
- We promote hiring of professionals from different areas of business.
- We encourage all employees to speak out and make sure everyone gets impartially evaluated.
Promote Safety in the Workplace
We manage our working environments to keep employees safe from injury. Not only the necessary licenses such as forklift but also, we encourage employees to take safety qualifications and safety courses.
- Encourage employees to take necessary licenses and safety education.
- We do random inspections monthly in all of our warehouses.
Reduce Environmental Burden
We recognize the reduction of the environmental burden as an important social responsibility.
Through the introduction of electric forklifts, we encourage reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- We are installing LED lightings in our office and warehouses.
- We are working on having more eco-friendly forklifts and cars.
Promote a Healthy Work-Life Balance
We have supported every employee to find their job rewarding and fulfill their responsibilities, and at the same time, we have put in place an environment that encourages them to balance work and family without overtime and to take paid vacations.
Also, for all employees who have children ages from 11 to 18, we pay flat-rate education allowances.
- Encourage employees to take paid vacations
- Reduce working hours and overtime
- We have set up a comfortable environment that employees can work from home and allowed them to commute at a later time than usual.
- Improve the parental and nursing care leave acquisition rate
- Pay child education allowance
Registered with Social Service Organizations
We are registered with a variety of social service organizations and get involved in their activities. Through our business, but also through these social service organizations, we contribute to society in which people can help each other.
Confront Climate Change with Preventive Measures
We prepare for natural disasters with emergency action plans that will ensure the safety of employees and goods we store. We keep improving disaster risk management at our warehouses and real estates.
Install Automatic Shipping System
We have worked on installing an automatic shipping system which can be used by anyone regardless of age, gender or nationality, and aim for more efficient operations.