- Our history and Yokohama
Our history and Yokohama
One century in Yokohama
We are one of the companies that have supported logistics in Japan
- 1918 February Jointly established by four local warehousing companies.
- 1918 May Seven warehouses were built in an approximate area of 2,000㎡in Shinko Pier.
- 1923 September All the warehouses collapsed and destroyed by Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923.
- 1927 December Earthquake and fire-proof three-story warehouse was completed.
- 1944 May Nihon Souko Tosei, Inc. was established. All our warehouses were contributed to them.
- 1945 May By the Great Yokohama Air Raid, almost all the facilities were lost.
- 1945 August The end of World WarⅡ. With occupation by U.S. forces, all the survived warehouses were requisitioned.
- 1952 March U.S. forces started releasing the buildings. We started rebuilding warehouses.
- 1965 January Twenty-nine silos with reinforced concrete were completed in Yamashita Pier.
- 1969 July Twenty-two steel silos in Shinko Pier were completed.
- 1982 April Kanagawa Warehousing Association’s warehouse was completed in Daikoku Pier.
- 1988 June Alternative to silos in Shinko Pier that were cleared due to an urban redevelopment of the waterfront of Yokohama, “Minato Mirai 21,” four cement silos were built in Honmoku Pier.
- 1995 November The head office was relocated with the progress of “Minato Mirai 21.”
- 1996 March All the facilities in Shinko Pier were cleared.
- 1997 April Daikoku Pier Butsuryu Soko (DBS) was completed.
- 1999 January Y-CC office was established in a comprehensive bonded area in Daikoku Pier.
- 2003 November Y-CC office started a self-storage business.
- 2004 We started new area of business to develop B2C (business-to-consumer) sales.
- 2005 June To pursue excellence and continuous improvement, we got certificate of “ISO 9001 Quality Management System.”
- 2006 April We made a full-scale entry into logistics drawing on experience and expertise in warehouse business.
- 2006 May The head office has moved to a new place.
- 2012 August The head office has moved to Yokohama Heiwa building.
- 2018 February We marked the 100th anniversary.
- 2020 February We created a new logo.